You may recognize the font used in my new site header, page titles and sidebar widgets… it’s my own handwriting.
(Well, it’s slightly more legible than my usual handwriting…)
Making a font based on my handwriting was easy and very inexpensive.
- I downloaded a worksheet from fontifier.com.
- Write in all the characters for your font.
- Scan the completed sheet and submit it.
- Review the font, repeat as necessary.
- Once you like the results, you can download the font file for just $9.
For the new site header, I created a logo in Photoshop using the new font file. But for other areas of the site, I’m using a WordPress plugin called AnyFont that allows me to use my own font — or any font I choose to upload (hence the name) on the web.